Getting from the airport to your new home shouldn’t have to be this much effort…
• Heathrow Express
Fast, frequent trains operate from Heathrow to London Paddington. The journey time is 15 minutes and the trains run every 15 minutes. Tickets can be bought on the internet, at the station or on board the train. The standard single fare is £18 and standard return costs £34. More information about Heathrow Express at www.heathrowexpress.com.
• Heathrow Connect
Running every half hour, the brand new trains will take you in comfort from any of the following stations to all Heathrow Terminals: Hayes, Southhall, Hanwell, West Ealing, Ealing Broadway, Paddington. A single fare from Paddington to Heathrow is £8.50 More info atwww.heathrowconnect.com.
Tube trains operate every five minutes into central London with a journey time of approximately 50-60 minutes. Cost is around £5. More information can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk
National Express offers frequent direct services to and from hundreds of destinations including Oxford, Bristol, Wales, London, and Gatwick, Stansted and Luton airports. Coaches call at all Heathrow terminals and all services use modern, air conditioned vehicles. More information about National Express at www.nationalexpress.com. You might also try low cost services like www.easybus.com or www.terravision.eu.
• The Airline
Oxford Bus’s Airline service links Heathrow with Oxford. Frequent regular services run day and night, seven days a week from the central bus station and Terminal 5. More information at OxfordBus.co.uk.
• Bus: www.tfl.gov.uk
Heathrow to Feltham
Bus route 285 – runs from Heathrow to Feltham for trains to Richmond, Camberley, Bracknell, London Waterloo and Clapham Junction. Runs up to every 10 minutes with a journey time of 30 minutes. A single fare is about £5. At night the N285 operates every 30 minutes along the same route.
It’s also possible to get an Uber from Heathrow, though you can only pick one up from certain designated areas. For details see here:
• Stansted Express
Stansted Express is the fast and convenient way to Stansted Airport from central London (London Liverpool Street), with trains departing every 15 minutes with an average journey time of 45 minutes. For the latest information and timetables, please visit www.stanstedexpress.com. The Stansted Express also calls at Bishops Stortford, Harlow Town and Tottenham Hale (change here for Victoria Line). A single fare is £22.50 (£21.50 online booking).
• Other rail transportation: www.nationalrail.co.uk/
• National Express A6 to London Victoria (Central London)
The journey takes approximately 85-100 minutes with departures up to every 10 minutes. Single fare is £10.50. More information atwww.nationalexpress.com.
• Terravision A50 to London Victoria (Central London)
The journey takes approximately 75 minutes with departures up to every 30 minutes. Single fare is £9. More information at www.terravision.eu.
• easyBus EB2 to Baker Street Station
The journey takes approximately 75 minutes with departures up to every 20 minutes. Single fare is from £2.00. More information atwww.easybus.co.uk.
• Taxi Service: 24x7stansted.com
Or for instructions on where to pick up an Uber at Stansted https://www.uber.com/en-GB/airports/stn/
London to GATWICK AIRPORT (www.gatwick-airport-guide.co.uk):
• Gatwick Express
London Victoria to Gatwick Airport:
First trains 03:30 04:30
Then every 15 minutes 05:00 23:45 00 – 15 – 30 – 45
Last trains 00:01 00:32
• First Connect: Trains from London Bridge Station and King’s Cross:www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
• Southern Railway to/from Victoria: www.southernrailway.com
• National Express: www.nationalexpress.com
• easyBus: easyBus mini-coaches leave from Gatwick for London Victoria as often as every 20 minutes from 6 am to 1 am every day. Fares start from £2.00 one way. www.easybus.co.uk
• Terravision operate a shuttle bus between Luton Airport and London’s Victoria station for £15 one way. www.terravision.eu
• easyBus operates from London Luton Airport to London Central. The coaches run every 15 to 30 minutes depending on the time of the day, 24-hours a day. Tickets from £2. www.easybus.co.uk
• Green Line 757 (Bay 10 & 11). An Express Service to Central London. Stops include Brent Cross, Finchley Road, Baker Street, Marble Arch and Victoria. Website: www.greenline.co.uk
• Local Buses (Bay 8 & 9): Regular bus service connecting the airport with Luton Town Centre, Watford, St Albans, Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Harpenden and Dunstable. For more information please contact Traveline on +44 (0) 8706 082608.
• National Express (Bay 4, 5 & 6) operates regular services to and from Luton airport 24 hours a day. nationalexpress.com
• Train tickets can be purchased at www.thetrainline.com/. Passengers arriving at Luton Airport Parkway station without a through ticket to the Airport and wishing to use the shuttle bus, will pay a bus fare of £1.50 single.
• Taxi services available at www.luton-airport-guide.co.uk/taxi-transfer
• More Information: http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/airport