Sexual misconduct

Remember that while you are in the UK you have access to support from multiple sources: from your home institution, your host institution and your Resident Director. Please ask for any help you need and be assured that we will always listen. You may also find resources on offer from these charitable organizations useful.



Rape Crisis

Rape Crisis Centres provide crucial crisis and long-term specialised support, counselling and independent advocacy for women and girls of all ages who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives; whether recently and/or in the past. Rape Crisis Centres are community-based, and independent of government and the criminal justice system.

Victim Support

Our services are confidential, free and available to anyone who’s been raped or sexually assaulted, now or in the past. We can help, regardless of whether you have told the police or anyone else about the attack.

NHS Sexual Assault

Sexual assault referral centres offer medical, practical and emotional support. They have specially trained doctors and counsellors to care for you. If you’re considering reporting the assault to the police, they can arrange for you to have an informal talk with a specially trained police officer who can explain what’s involved.

Women and Girls Network

Community-based organisation providing a London-wide counselling and information service for any woman or girl who has experienced any form of violence. Helpline:   0207 610 4345

Survivors UK

SurvivorsUK helps men who have been sexually violated and raises awareness of their needs

The Havens

The havens are specialist centres in London for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted. If you have been raped or sexually assaulted in the last 12 months, fully trained and experienced staff are there to help you to recover physically and emotionally from your ordeal.