This is a quiz compiled by a philosophy professor friend.
Given the #Bregrets over #Brexit, and the rather dismal campaigning on both sides, it appears many did not know for what they were voting.
So test yourself, and please let me know the results.
Answers to follow.
- Is the EU commission (a) an executive body (b) a legislative body (c) a judicial body (d) an appropriations committee?
- Who draws up the EU budget? (a) the EU president (b) the EU commission (c) the EU parliament?
- How long is the term of an EU commissioner? (a) life (b) 3 years (c) 5 years (d) 7 years (e) 10 years?
- Do individual EU commissioners (a) run to be elected by EU citizens (b) run to be elected by the governments of member states (c) run to be elected by the EU parliament (d) none of the above.
- Because of Brexit, (a) the UK will no longer be subject to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights (b) the UK will have to renegotiate the extent to which it is subject to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights (c) Neither of the foregoing. Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with the European Court of Human Rights.